Saturday, December 11, 2010

Roller Coaster Week (older post)

Hello again! Merry CHRISTMAS.
The last few weeks have had amazing highs and lows. We were able to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family and a vacation for Mark. He hasn’t had one this year with the exception our anniversary trip. So to have 5 days off together was nice. We were able to go to Walloon Community Church while we visited. The summer I lived in Boyne I attended there, my mother does now. Going this weekend was a definite reminder of why I went there. That Sunday we were feeling focused, joy and motivated for some real changed. Have any of you had times like these? We have shared with you how the Lord has been stretching us by creating more margin in our life. His sermon was on HOW to practice listening to God in all things. We came back from our trip- you know when it says "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8. Let me tell you friends, satan does not want you to create space, start listing and having intimacy with God. The last week and a half, feels so long and so much has gone on during that time. The last week we have hurt each other’s feelings, been hurt by others, have been discouraged, upset, angry, sad and disappointed. Let me tell you from experience all that starts to make it hard to listen to God over your hurt heart. We have been forgiving to each other, to other, we have been extremely encouraged, joyful, happy, and surprised too this week. Devotionals and praying together with Mark has really given us peace. So I guess it just a mixed bag. Some of this as you may wonder is due to fundraising; I think technology has been playing tricks on me. Anyways starting last week I found errors on our support program- listing people as monthly donors rather than just one time. So I was so thrilled to tell everyone the progress and all the wonderful donations we received this last month. But instead somehow we are basically at the same place as before. So where does this leave us- 560 a month to raise. I know, haven’t we been here, haven’t we gotten new donations? Yes and Yes. We have, sadly we add in a monthly donation that ended up falling through. We have received lots in one time donations this last month that we are so thankful for. Along with several monthly that will start this month. All in all we still have a chance to make it in January depending on how this month goes. It has been madding circles of some reason being stuck around 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment