Monday, March 14, 2011

Hear With our Ears and See With our Eyes

This past Sunday was the first day that we went to a church service that was not translated and was mostly in French. Since we have been here when ever in town or off the compound I am surrounded by French. Sometimes it’s probably another tribal language, but mostly French. Maybe 2 weeks after we arrived here, I thought I can hear, but can’t understand what is going on right next to me. Mark knows more French than I do, however we still stumble around trying to comprehend what is being said around us. Sometimes reading scripture and understanding it is like that for me. I see and hear but don’t understand it fully. Through this experience I just have been pondering the verses

Acts 28:27
For this people's heart has grown dull,
and with their ears they can barely hear,
and their eyes they have closed;
lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.’

I pray that we can hear with our ears and see with our eyes to see God moving here.

We are blessed that we are currently on Spring Break from school. RFIS has just over a 2 week break so children are able to travel back to be with family for a bit. We will go into work for a few days in the next couple weeks, but will have a chance to rest and relax as well. We pray that over the next couple weeks that we are able to listen and act on what God has for us.

Thanks for your prayers and support
Mark and Leah Janowiak

No comments:

Post a Comment