Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Do We Desire From God

So yesterday’s devotional was a difficult one for me. It asked what my desires are for God. I don’t think I have ever been posed this question before. I could tell you want I want in life, what things I think I need, what I think about buying or doing. What my heart’s desire from Jesus? What am I desperately seeking from God, what is it that I desire above all things in my life from God? Now as I reflect on it I think isn’t this the very prayer Jesus wants from us, what at our core do we long for from Him. I know typed this could come off as cheesy; well I guess I am then. But honestly we it got down to it would be I WANT TO BE CLOSE. The most desperate thing in my heart is to be close, I just feel like in the time of peace and calm I need to examine my relationship with Him. How does he show up when there is no big crisis in our life? How do we draw close to Him when things are mundane? So my desire is to be close, for Him to show up in little ways. Part of me longs for the spectacular but I think Jesus wants me to learn how to be close in the mundane. Because he has been so faithful, he has been pursuing and constant, why is it that our hearts always need reminding?

Leah Janowiak

No comments:

Post a Comment