Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pain and Pride

It’s safe to say in the last 2 weeks I have discovered Mark and I are getting older. My back pain has been slowing me down. It can feel crippling; pain of sin of pride is just like that. Pride outside of God is dependent on self performance, or others view of us; most of the time the latter. My back has been reminding me of pride. I think it's easy to struggle with because it's so very sneaky. You don’t know that there is a problem sometimes until it causes you pain. The whole process of going to Africa has caused me often to feel vulnerable and exposed. I too often wonder what others think of our trip and what we say. I am often hurt by other insensitive comments or judgments. Then the opposite problem occurs compliments and positive feedback never seems to cure the hungry of my pride. Only when I hand myself to Jesus, allow Him to tell me who I am does my pride seem to lessen control on my feelings. I think the pain is a reminder of when we need to adjust our thinking or behaviors to align it with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment